NOW Festival 2019 was the first year to see it hosted in Sefton!
The festival was held at The Atkinson Theatre in Southport on the 12th-13th February 2019. This year’s theme was ‘Rise Up- Adverse Childhood Experience’– a theme that encouraged young people to explore mental health and how to build resilience.
The aims of the festival are to:
- Empower young people to challenge the stigma around mental health
- Educate young people about mental health
- To give young people a voice and an active leadership role in devising their pieces
- Knowledge and ownership on the NOW issue and how these can affect mental health
- Build confidence and self-esteem by taking part in the process/performing on stage
- Ultimately, have fun and enjoy the whole process of talking about mental health and the NOW theme whilst challenging stigma